Saturday, September 11, 2010

Zoe Saldana's motherly admiration

Zoe Saldana's mother is her hero.


The 'Avatar' actress revealed when her father died when she was just nine years old, her mother left their New York home to take her and sisters Cisely and Marial to their birthplace in the Dominican Republic, where they could 'fulfil their dreams'. She explained: 'My mother is my hero. She sacrificed herself so we could study and fulfil our dreams, always advising us to uphold wholesome values, love and family.'
The 32-year-old star also admitted winning the role of Princess Neytiri in 'Avatar' was a dream come true, as she had always thought director James Cameron was 'ingenious'. She added: 'They chose me right away, the first one in the cast. I didn't know what to expect but I was totally thrilled because I've always held James Cameron in great esteem. I think it's ingenious how, even in films with spectacular special effects, he always manages to include the human side and a positive message. 'Also he has brought wonderful female characters to the screen, like Linda Hamilton in 'The Terminator' and Sigourney Weaver in 'Aliens'.'

No comments:

Post a Comment